TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBCHAPTER f: EMERGENCY SERVICES AND HIGHWAY SAFETY
PART 515 EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES, TRAUMA CENTER, COMPREHENSIVE STROKE CENTER, PRIMARY STROKE CENTER AND ACUTE STROKE READY HOSPITAL CODE
SECTION 515.5017 SUSPENSION AND REVOCATION OF COMPREHENSIVE STOKE CENTER DESIGNATION
Section 515.5017 Suspension and Revocation of Comprehensive Stoke Center Designation
a) A hospital that no longer meets nationally recognized, evidence-based standards for CSCs, or loses its CSC certification, shall notify the Department, the hospital's EMS MD, and the Regional EMS Advisory Committee, in writing, within 5 business days, upon notification from the certifying body. (Section 3.117(a‑5)(6)(A) of the Act)
b) Suspension of Designation
1) The Department shall have the authority and responsibility to suspend or revoke the hospital's CSC designation upon receiving notice that the hospital's CSC certification has lapsed or been revoked by the State recognized certifying body. (Section 3.117(a-5)(4)(A) of the Act)
2) The Department shall have the authority and responsibility to suspend the hospital's CSC designation, in extreme circumstances in which patients may be at risk for immediate harm or death, until such time as the certifying body investigates and makes a final determination regarding certification. (Section 3.117(a-5)(4)(B) of the Act) The Department will notify the hospital's certifying body and provide the hospital and EMS MD with written notice of the Department's decision to suspend designation.
3) Upon receipt of the Department's written notice to suspend designation, the hospital shall have 15 business days in which to make a written request for an administrative hearing to contest the Department's decision. Administrative hearings will be conducted in accordance with Section 515.180. The Department will notify the hospital, the EMS MD, and the hospital's certifying body of the Department's final administrative decision to revoke designation.
4) The Department will suspend the hospital's CSC designation at the request of a hospital seeking to suspend its own Department designation. (Section 3.117(a-5)(4)(D) of the Act)
5) The Department shall have the authority to conduct investigations. All applicants for designation and designees shall fully cooperate with any Department investigation, including providing patient medical records as requested by the Department. (Section 3.125(d) of the Act) The failure to fully cooperate shall be grounds for denying, suspending or revoking a designation.
c) The Department will restore any previously suspended or revoked Department designation upon notice to the Department that the certifying body has confirmed or restored the CSC certification of that previously designated hospital. (Section 3.117(a-5)(4)(C) of the Act)
(Source: Added at 40 Ill. Reg. 8274, effective June 3, 2016)