TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBCHAPTER f: EMERGENCY SERVICES AND HIGHWAY SAFETY
PART 515 EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES, TRAUMA CENTER, COMPREHENSIVE STROKE CENTER, PRIMARY STROKE CENTER AND ACUTE STROKE READY HOSPITAL CODE
SECTION 515.400 GENERAL COMMUNICATIONS
Section 515.400 General Communications
a) All radios used by ambulance services shall:
1) Have two-way ambulance-to-hospital communications capability on frequencies assigned by the Department;
2) Use channel and tones assigned by the Department; and
3) Use unit identifier numbers or other descriptive means of identification locally acceptable.
b) All radio communications systems will require preliminary coordination with and recommendations from the Department's communication personnel.
c) All pre-hospital care providers must provide information relative to the mechanism used for consumer access and dispatch of emergency vehicles within their respective service area.
d) All hospitals participating in an EMS Plan or receiving emergency patients by ambulances must:
1) Have two-way ambulance-to-hospital communications capability on a frequency determined and assigned by the Department; and
2) Have two-way hospital-to-hospital communications capability.
e) The use of cellular telephone technology is permitted provided that:
1) The ambulance also has VHF or UHF radio back-up on a frequency assigned by the Department; and
2) The permission of the EMS Resource Hospital is obtained.
(Source: Added at 21 Ill. Reg. 5170, effective April 15, 1997)