TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBCHAPTER e: VITAL RECORDS
PART 500 ILLINOIS VITAL RECORDS CODE
SECTION 500.APPENDIX E ADOPTION RECORDS
Section 500.APPENDIX E Adoption Records
Section 500.ILLUSTRATION D Instructions for Adoption Registry Forms
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ADOPTION REGISTRY FORMS
1. Type or print all known information on the Adoption Registry forms. Enter the date, sign your present legal name, and please print or type your name below your signature.
2. If you wish to be contacted by a pertinent registered party, complete the Information Exchange Authorization form and sign it.
3. If you have submitted a Registration Identification form but do not wish to be contacted by the pertinent registered party, complete the Denial of Information Exchange form and sign it.
4. Send the completed Registration Identification form, Adoption Registry Application, Information Exchange Authorization, and or Denial forms, and copy of proof of identification (driver's license, state or federal identification card, passport, or other government-issued identification card with a photograph, but not a firearm owner's identification card) to:
Illinois Department of Public Health
Division of Vital Records
605 West Jefferson Street
Springfield, Illinois 62702
5. Enclose a certified check or money order for $40 made payable to the Illinois Department of Public Health Adoption Registry. This fee is not required, however, (i) for all adopted or surrendered persons, adoptive parents, legal guardians, birth parents, and birth siblings who complete a Medical Questionnaire at the time of registration and authorize its release to specified registered parties, (ii) for adoptive parents registering within 12 months after the finalization of the adoption, and (iii) for the update, withdrawl, or revocation of a form.
(Source: Amended at 24 Ill. Reg. 11882, effective July 26, 2000)