TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBCHAPTER e: VITAL RECORDS
PART 500 ILLINOIS VITAL RECORDS CODE
SECTION 500.80 APPOINTMENT AND REMOVAL OF LOCAL REGISTRARS
Section 500.80 Appointment and Removal of Local Registrars
The State Registrar of Vital Records shall appoint and may remove for just cause local registrars.
a) Persons eligible to serve as local registrars are:
1) In cities, villages, and incorporated towns, the clerk of the city, village, or incorporated town.
2) The township clerk in each township in counties under township organization, excepting those portions of the township constituting a separate registration district.
3) The road district clerk in each road district in counties not under township organization, excepting those portions of the road district constituting a separate registration district.
4) The health officer of any Public Health Department defined as a full time Public Health Department under the rules and regulations of the Department (see 77 Ill. Adm. Code 615).
5) If none of the preceding officers is available to act as a local registrar, any full time public officer of county or local government in the district or a hospital administrator of any licensed hospital in the district which is not located within a home rule county (Section 7 of the Act).
b) The State Registrar shall use the following criteria in appointing local registrars: public convenience to the community and vital records preparers, filing efficiency in relation to the Vital Records Act, the best source available to preserve the integrity of the vital records, and any other similar vital records registration needs deemed essential by the State Registrar.
(Source: Added at 15 Ill. Reg. 11706, effective August 1, 1991)