TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBCHAPTER c: LONG-TERM CARE FACILITIES
PART 395 LONG-TERM CARE ASSISTANTS AND AIDES TRAINING PROGRAMS CODE
SECTION 395.400 PROFICIENCY EXAMINATION (BNATP ONLY)
Section 395.400 Proficiency Examination (BNATP Only)
a) The basic nursing assistant proficiency examination will be the Department--approved competency examination, with written and performance skills components, developed from the curriculum outlined in Section 395.300.
1) The written examination will be developed from a pool of standardized written test questions, only a portion of which are used in any one examination.
2) The Department will verify that the written test questions address each course requirement as specified in the modules presented in Section 395.300.
3) A facility may proctor the examination but shall not score it. Scoring will be done only by the Department or its designee.
4) The skills demonstration part of the evaluation will require the student to exhibit the ability to perform each of the approved performance skills.
5) A record of successful completion of the competency evaluation will be included in the Health Care Worker Registry.
b) A student who has completed an approved BNATP shall be allowed three opportunities to pass the written competency examination within 12 months after the program completion date.
(Source: Amended at 37 Ill. Reg. 10546, effective June 27, 2013)