TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBCHAPTER c: LONG-TERM CARE FACILITIES
PART 395 LONG-TERM CARE ASSISTANTS AND AIDES TRAINING PROGRAMS CODE
SECTION 395.162 APPROVED EVALUATOR (BNATP ONLY)
Section 395.162 Approved Evaluator (BNATP Only)
a) Requirements for an Approved Evaluator and an Approved Outside Evaluator
1) Shall be an approved clinical instructor and meet the requirements in Section 395.160(a); and
2) Shall have successfully completed a Department-sponsored Approved Evaluator Workshop prior to initial approval and completed a Department- sponsored Approved Evaluator Workshop refresher course every five years thereafter.
b) For a facility-based BNATP, the program's Clinical Instructor/Approved Evaluator shall determine competencies on all approved performance skills. Selected performance skills as determined by the Department shall then be evaluated by an Approved Outside Evaluator, who shall have no fiduciary connection, within 30 days before or after the evaluation, with the facility at which the student is employed or will be employed.
c) An Approved Evaluator shall have the following responsibilities:
1) Evaluation of performance skills in conjunction with an approved BNATP;
2) Evaluation of performance skills as an Approved Outside Evaluator for a facility-based program; and
3) Evaluation of performance skills as part of the CNA recertification process.
(Source: Added at 37 Ill. Reg. 10546, effective June 27, 2013)