TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBCHAPTER c: LONG-TERM CARE FACILITIES
PART 395 LONG-TERM CARE ASSISTANTS AND AIDES TRAINING PROGRAMS CODE
SECTION 395.155 TRAIN THE TRAINER PROGRAM (BNATP ONLY)
Section 395.155 Train the Trainer Program (BNATP Only)
a) Requirements for Basic Nursing Assistant Instructor Train the Trainer Programs
1) Each Train the Trainer program shall be college based, and the college shall have an active, approved BNATP.
2) The Train the Trainer program shall include the Alzheimer's component and may include an Approved Evaluator Workshop.
3) The college shall submit an application for program approval to the Department at least 90 days prior to the scheduled start date of the initial Train the Trainer Course.
4) The application shall include, at a minimum, the following documentation:
A) A program summary, including the philosophy and purpose of the program;
B) A statement that the Department's model program based on Section 395.156 is being used;
C) An outline of the number of hours that will be dedicated to each component of the training program, with no fewer than 31 total hours, excluding breaks and meals;
D) A schedule of any modification to the model program presentation sequence;
E) A course syllabus, including the minimum required assignments;
F) A resume describing the education, experience and qualifications of the instructor;
G) The method used to inform program participants of the qualifications required to become a Department-approved instructor teaching any portion of a BNATP;
H) A sample of the certificate of completion that will be provided to participants who have successfully completed the Train the Trainer program or an independent course for Alzheimer's.
b) Upon review of the required documentation described in this Section, the Department will:
1) Request additional information, if needed;
2) Mail an approval letter, including a Train the Trainer program number, to the program sponsor; or
3) Mail a denial letter, stating the reasons for the denial, to the program sponsor.
c) Subsequent Train the Trainer program schedules shall be submitted in writing to the Department 30 days prior to start of the course.
d) An official class roster shall be submitted to the Department within 10 working days after course completion.
e) Any changes to course sequence shall be submitted to the Department within 30 days prior to the course's scheduled start date.
f) An approved Train the Trainer instructor shall meet the following requirements:
1) Be a Department-approved instructor (pursuant to Section 395.160) for theory, clinical and Alzheimer's, and an Approved Evaluator for the BNATP;
2) Have four years of documented teaching experience within the last six years, two of which shall be as a theory instructor in a BNATP; and
3) Have completed Department approved instructor training.
(Source: Added at 37 Ill. Reg. 10546, effective June 27, 2013)