TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBCHAPTER c: LONG-TERM CARE FACILITIES
PART 385 SUPPORTIVE RESIDENCES LICENSING CODE
SECTION 385.1800 TRANSFER OR DISCHARGE
Section 385.1800 Transfer or Discharge
a) A client shall be voluntarily discharged from the facility after he/she gives facility management, a physician, or a nurse of the facility written notice of the desire to be discharged. A client shall be discharged upon written consent of his/her representative unless there is a court order to the contrary. In such cases, upon the client's discharge, the facility is relieved of any responsibility for the client's care, safety, or well-being.
b) The facility shall establish involuntary discharge procedures that shall include at least the following:
1) Client behavior that may result in involuntary discharge:
A) the client's decline or improvement in medical condition that may result in involuntary discharge;
B) the client's physical safety;
C) the client's action, or inaction, which directly impinges on the physical safety of other clients, the facility staff or facility visitors;
2) Client counseling that will be provided to avoid involuntary discharge;
3) Client notification and due process concerning involuntary discharge;
4) Timeframes between counseling, notice, and involuntary discharge consistent with the reason for the involuntary discharge;
5) Discharge planning that will be done.