TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBCHAPTER c: LONG-TERM CARE FACILITIES
PART 295 ASSISTED LIVING AND SHARED HOUSING ESTABLISHMENT CODE
SECTION 295.8000 FOOD SERVICE
Section 295.8000 Food Service
a) If food service is provided by the establishment or by contract with a food service provider, the following requirements shall be met:
1) Food services shall meet the Food Service Sanitation Code (77 Ill. Adm. Code 750) and any applicable local requirements.
2) Establishments that provide or contract for therapeutic diets as an optional service to residents shall employ or contract with a dietician. A therapeutic diet means a diet ordered by a physician as part of a treatment for a disease or clinical condition, to eliminate or decrease certain substances in the diet, or to provide food in a form that the resident is able to eat. The dietician shall approve written menus and diet extensions, assess the resident's special diet needs, plan individual diets, and provide guidance to dietary staff in areas of preparation, service, and monitoring the resident's acceptance of the diet. The frequency of the dietician's visits shall be determined by the resident's dietary needs and the establishment's ability to implement the diet. Special dietary services may be considered an additional service requiring an additional fee.
3) Meals shall be nutritionally balanced. The establishment shall work with residents to accommodate residents' preferences.
4) Menus shall be planned and made available at least 48 hours in advance.
5) The establishment shall meet temporary needs for meals delivered to residents' rooms according to establishment policy.
6) Snacks, fruits and beverages shall be available to residents. This may be met by vending machines, appliances in the residents' rooms, or provision by the establishment.
7) A sufficient number of personnel shall be on duty to meet the dietary needs of the residents.
b) This Section in no way limits a resident's choice regarding his/her diet.