TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBCHAPTER c: LONG-TERM CARE FACILITIES
PART 295 ASSISTED LIVING AND SHARED HOUSING ESTABLISHMENT CODE
SECTION 295.600 ISSUANCE OF AN INITIAL REGULAR LICENSE
Section 295.600 Issuance of an Initial Regular License
a) Upon receipt and review of an application for a license and review of the applicant establishment, the Director may issue a license if he or she finds:
1) That the individual applicant, or the corporation, partnership, or other entity if the applicant is not an individual, is a person responsible and suitable to operate or to direct or participate in the operation of an establishment by virtue of financial capacity, appropriate business or professional experience, a record of lawful compliance with lawful orders of the Department and lack of revocation of a license issued under the Act, the Nursing Home Care Act, or the MR/DD Community Care Act during the previous five years;
2) That the establishment is under the supervision of a full-time manager who meets the requirements of Section 295.3010;
3) That the establishment has staff sufficient in number with qualifications, adequate skills, education, and experience to meet the 24-hour scheduled and unscheduled needs of residents and who participate in ongoing training to serve the resident population;
4) That all employees who are subject to the Health Care Worker Background Check Act meet the requirements of that Act and the requirements of the Health Care Worker Background Check Code;
5) That the applicant is in substantial compliance with the Act and this Part;
6) That the applicant pays all required fees; and
7) That, if the applicant establishment offers, advertises or markets to provide specialized services for individuals with Alzheimer's disease and related dementias through an Alzheimer's special care program, the applicant has provided an accurate disclosure document to the Department in accordance with the Alzheimer's Disease and Related Dementias Special Care Disclosure Act and in substantial compliance with Section 150 of the Act and Section 295.4060.
b) The Department will issue a regular license within 120 days after receipt of an application that meets the requirements of the Act and this Section.
c) The license shall state the physical location of the establishment, the date the license was issued, and the expiration date of the license. The license shall also state the number of resident units.
d) All regular licenses shall be valid for one year.
e) Each license shall be issued only for the premises and persons named in the application, and shall not be transferable or assignable. (Section 35 of the Act)
f) As a condition of licensure under the Act and this Part, the director of an establishment must participate in at least 20 hours of training every two years to assist him or her in better meeting the needs of the residents of the establishment and managing the operation of the establishment.
g) After the license is issued, the licensee shall advise the Department within 30 days after any changes in the information required in Section 295.500(a)(1), (2), (4), (6), (9), or (10).
h) The license shall be posted in public view in the establishment.
(Source: Amended at 36 Ill. Reg. 13632, effective August 16, 2012)