TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBCHAPTER c: LONG-TERM CARE FACILITIES
PART 225 ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE MANAGEMENT CENTER DEMONSTRATION PROGRAM CODE
SECTION 225.400 APPLICATION FOR AND ISSUANCE OF A LICENSE TO OPERATE AN ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE MANAGEMENT CENTER MODEL
Section 225.400 Application for and Issuance of a License to Operate an Alzheimer's Disease Management Center Model
a) Applications for a license to operate an Alzheimer's Disease Management Center Model shall be in writing on forms provided by the Department. The application shall be made under oath and shall contain the following:
1) The name of the proposed Model;
2) The address of the proposed Model;
3) A precise description of the site of the proposed Model;
4) The number of beds;
5) The name and address of the registered agent or other individual authorized to receive Service of Process for the Model licensee;
6) The name, address and Illinois license number of the following persons:
A) Medical director,
B) Supervisor of nursing services, and
7) The Model's admission protocol and transfer criteria as required by Section 225.1010;
8) Information regarding any conviction of the owner or operator of the proposed Model of a felony or of any other crime under the laws of any state or of the United States arising out of or in connection with the operation of a health care facility; and
9) Information regarding any encumbrance on a health care license issued in Illinois or any other state to the owner or operator of the proposed Model.
b) An application for initial and renewal licensure shall be accompanied by an application fee of $500 plus $100 for each Model bed.
c) Upon receipt and review of a complete application for licensure, the Department shall conduct an inspection to determine compliance with the Act and this Part.
d) If the proposed Model is found to be in substantial compliance with the Act and this Part, the Department shall issue a license for a period of one year. (Section 30 of the Act) The license shall not be transferable; it is issued to the licensee and for the specific location and number of beds identified in the application.
e) An application for license renewal shall be filed with the Department 90 to 120 days prior to the expiration of the license, on forms provided by the Department.
1) The renewal application shall comply with the requirements of subsections (a) and (b) of this Section; and
2) Upon receipt and review of a complete application for license renewal, the Department may conduct a survey. The Department shall renew the license in accordance with subsection (d) of this Section.
f) The Department may issue a provisional license to any Model that does not substantially comply with the provisions of the Act and this Part:
1) A provisional license may be issued only if the Department finds that:
A) The Model has undertaken changes and corrections which upon completion will render the Model in substantial compliance with the Act and this Part; and
B) The health and safety of the residents in the Model will be protected during the period for which the provisional license is issued. (Section 30(c) of the Act)
2) The Department shall advise the applicant or licensee of the conditions under which the provisional license is issued, including:
A) The manner in which the Model fails to comply with the provisions of the Act and this Part;
B) The changes and corrections that shall be completed;
C) The time within which the necessary changes and corrections shall be completed (Section 30(c) of the Act); and
D) The interim actions that are necessary to protect the health and safety of the residents.
g) The Model license or provisional license shall be prominently displayed in an area accessible to the public.