TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBCHAPTER b: HOSPITALS AND AMBULATORY CARE FACILITIES
PART 210 POSTSURGICAL RECOVERY CARE CENTER DEMONSTRATION PROGRAM CODE
SECTION 210.2400 INFECTION CONTROL
Section 210.2400 Infection Control
a) The Model must provide a sanitary environment to avoid sources and transmission of infections and communicable diseases. There must be an active program for the prevention, control and investigation of infections and communicable diseases.
b) A person or persons shall be designated as infection control officer or officers to develop and implement policies governing control of infections and communicable disease. Policies and procedures shall be developed to address the following:
1) Medical, nursing and non-professional staff behaviors to prevent and control the transmission of infections or communicable diseases.
2) Measures to handle infectious cases that develop in the Model.
3) Reporting and care of cases of communicable diseases shall be in accordance with 77 Ill. Adm. Code 690, the Control of Communicable Diseases Code.
4) A systematic plan of checking and recording cases of infection, known or suspected, which develop in the Model.
c) The Model shall ensure maintenance of a sanitary environment with all equipment in good working order. Written procedures shall include:
1) Provision for garbage, refuse and medical waste removal in such a manner that will not permit the transmission of a contagious disease, create a nuisance or fire hazard or provide a breeding place for vermin or rodents;
2) Insect and rodent control;
3) Maintenance of water, heat, ventilation and air conditioning, and electrical service;
4) The use, cleaning and care of equipment and supplies; and
5) Housekeeping and cleaning measures and schedule.
d) Laundry shall be processed in accordance with Sections 250.1740, 250.1750 and 250.1760 of the Hospital Licensing Requirements.