TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBCHAPTER b: HOSPITALS AND AMBULATORY CARE FACILITIES
PART 210 POSTSURGICAL RECOVERY CARE CENTER DEMONSTRATION PROGRAM CODE
SECTION 210.1200 APPLICATION FOR AND ISSUANCE OF A LICENSE TO OPERATE A POSTSURGICAL RECOVERY CARE CENTER MODEL
Section 210.1200 Application for and Issuance of a License to Operate a Postsurgical Recovery Care Center Model
a) The applicant shall have been licensed as a hospital pursuant to the Hospital Licensing Act or as an ambulatory surgical treatment center pursuant to the Ambulatory Surgical Treatment Center Act on or before August 20, 1991, and have held a valid license continuously since that time.
b) Applications for a license to operate a Postsurgical Recovery Care Center Model shall be in writing on forms provided by the Department. The application shall be made under oath and shall contain the following:
1) Proof of a Certificate of Need to establish and operate a Postsurgical Recovery Care Center Model issued by the Health Facilities Planning Board under the Illinois Health Facilities Planning Act (Ill. Rev. Stat. 1991, ch. 111½, pars. 115 et seq.) [20 ILCS 3960];
2) The name and address of the hospital or ambulatory surgical treatment center licensee, which shall be the name of the Model licensee;
3) The name of the proposed Model;
4) The address of the proposed Model;
5) A precise description of the site of the proposed Model and, if it is located within the hospital or ambulatory surgical treatment center, the unit or area, including room numbers, of the portion of the facility designated as the Postsurgical Recovery Care Center Model;
6) The number of postsurgical recovery care beds;
7) The name and address of the registered agent or other individual authorized to receive Service of Process for the Model licensee;
8) The name, address and Illinois license numbers of the following persons:
B) Medical Director,
C) Supervisory Nurse;
9) A copy of the transfer agreement with a licensed hospital within 15 minutes travel time of the proposed Model;
10) Documentation of compliance with Section 210.2500, Laboratory, Pharmacy and Radiological Services;
11) Documentation of Compliance with Section 210.2800, Food Service;
12) The Model's admission protocol and transfer criteria as required by Section 210.1800;
13) Information regarding any conviction of the owner or operator of the proposed Model of a felony or of any other crime under the laws of any state or of the United States arising out of or in connection with the operation of a health care facility; and
14) Information regarding any encumbrance on a health care license issued in Illinois or any other state to the owner or operator of the proposed Model.
c) Schematic architectural plans must be submitted for approval prior to submission of the application.
d) An application for initial and renewal licensure shall be accompanied by an application fee of $500 plus $100 for each Postsurgical Recovery Care Center Model bed.
e) Upon receipt and review of a complete application for licensure, the Department shall conduct an inspection to determine compliance with the Act and this Part.
f) If the proposed Model is found to be in substantial compliance with the Act and this Part, the Department shall issue a license for a period of one year. (Section 30 of the Act)
1) The license shall not be transferable; it is issued to the licensee and for the specific location and number of beds identified in the application.
2) The license shall become automatically void and shall be returned to the Department if the Model's hospital or ambulatory surgical treatment center license is revoked, nonrenewed or relinquished, denied, forfeited, or suspended.
g) An application for license renewal shall be filed with the Department 90-120 days prior to the expiration of the license, on forms provided by the Department.
1) The renewal application shall comply with the requirements of subsections (a), (b) and (d) of this Section; and
2) Upon receipt and review of a complete application for license renewal, the Department may conduct a survey. The Department shall renew the license in accordance with subsection (f) of this Section.
h) The Department may issue a provisional license to any Postsurgical Recovery Care Center model that does not substantially comply with the provisions of the Act and this Part:
1) A provisional license may be issued only if the Department finds that:
A) The model has undertaken changes and corrections which upon completion will render the model in substantial compliance with the Act and this Part; and
B) The health and safety of the patients in the Model will be protected during the period for which the provisional license is issued (Section 30(c) of the Act).
2) The Department shall advise the applicant or licensee of the conditions under which the provisional license is issued, including:
A) The manner in which the model fails to comply with the provisions of the Act and this Part;
B) The changes and corrections that shall be completed;
C) The time within which the necessary changes and corrections shall be completed (Section 30(c) of the Act); and
D) The interim actions that are necessary to protect the health and safety of the patients.
i) The Postsurgical Recovery Care Center Model license or provisional license shall be prominently displayed in an area accessible to the public.
j) A Postsurgical Recovery Care Center Model licensed under this Part shall operate in conformance with the Hospital Licensing Act or Ambulatory Surgical Treatment Center Act and the rules promulgated thereunder, corresponding to its primary facility license, for all matters and requirements not specifically addressed in this Part.