TITLE 71: PUBLIC BUILDINGS, FACILITIES, AND REAL PROPERTY
CHAPTER I: CAPITAL DEVELOPMENT BOARD
SUBCHAPTER a: RULES
PART 42 COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTER CONSTRUCTION
SECTION 42.210 ELIGIBILITY FOR GRANT
Section 42.210 Eligibility for Grant
To be eligible for a grant under the Act and this Part, a recipient must be a community provider as defined in Section 10-5 of the Act. (Section 10-15 of the Act)
a) Applicants shall meet the following requirements:
1) Be an FQHC or FQHC Look-Alike;
2) Serve, in whole or in part, a designated MUA or MUP;
3) Meet requirements for FQHC grantees and Look-Alikes under section 330 of the Public Health Service Act; and
4) Offer primary health care services.
b) Applicants may only submit one application for funding per application period under the Act; however, one application may request funding for multiple community health center sites.
c) Letter of Intent
At least 30 days prior to the application submission deadline, the applicant shall send a letter of intent to apply for grant funds to the Department and the Board that includes the following:
1) The proposed grant project description, location and applicant.
2) The proposed users of the primary health care services and service area, including identification of any MUA or MUP designations.
3) Issues creating a high need for primary health care services, including any significant or unique barriers to care.
4) Other providers of care in the service area, including any other FQHCs under section 330 of the Public Health Service Act.
5) All primary health care services to be provided, including mental health, substance abuse and oral health care services, as well as the mechanism for providing each service (e.g., direct service, referral).
6) Project stage of development and the ability of the applicant to meet the requirements of this Part for program compliance.
7) Readiness to receive funding, including the ability of the facility and providers at the new access point or expanded facility to be operational upon completion of the capital portion of the project.
d) Notification Process
Upon sending the Letter of Intent, the prospective applicant shall send a copy of the "Notification of Application for State Funding of Community Health Center Construction" to other FQHCs and FQHC Look-Alikes in the service area. The application packet submitted to the Department and the Board shall include a copy of the completed notification form, as well as the names and addresses of individuals to whom the forms were sent, the organizations that the individuals represent, and the date of the notification.
The application format shall include, but not be limited to:
1) A summary of the applicant's plan of action to address the goals of either:
A) Establishing a new CHC site to provide primary health care services to MUP or MUA or to provide primary health care services to the uninsured population of Illinois; or
B) Expanding the services of an existing CHC site to provide primary health care services to MUP or MUA or primary health care services to the uninsured population of Illinois; or
C) Preventing or reversing the deterioration of an existing health center structure or its mechanical operations to prevent life, health or safety concerns for health center staff and patients.
2) A project narrative that shall include the following information:
A) Proposed service area and applicant description;
B) Statement of need for the project;
C) Project objectives;
D) Plan of operation;
E) Project timeline;
F) Budget; and
G) Plan to include project in applicant's federal scope of project.