TITLE 68: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
CHAPTER IX: DEAF AND HARD OF HEARING COMMISSION
PART 1515 INTERPRETER FOR THE DEAF LICENSURE ACT OF 2007
SECTION 1515.70 LICENSURE FEES
Section 1515.70 Licensure Fees
The following fees shall be paid to the Commission and are not refundable:
a) Application Fee. The fee for the initial application for a provisional license or license of a sign language interpreter is $50, to be submitted with the initial license fee. In addition, applicants for an examination shall be required to pay to the Commission a fee covering the cost of determining an applicant's eligibility and providing the examination. Failure to appear for the examination on the scheduled date, at the time and place specified, after the applicant's application for examination has been received and acknowledged by the Commission or the designated testing service, shall result in the forfeiture of the examination fee.
b) Initial License Fee. The fee for the initial license, including a provisional license, is $175 per year. If the renewal of initial license is required within 6 months after issuance, the initial license fee shall be $90.
c) Renewal Fees. The fee for the renewal of a license, including a provisional license, is $150 per year.
d) Late Renewal Fee. The fee for all renewal applications received within 45 days after the expiration date of a license is $60, in addition to the renewal fees.
e) Inactive Status Fee. The fee for all applications to place a license on inactive status is $50.
f) General Fees.
1) The fee for the restoration of a license other than from inactive status is $75 plus payment of all lapsed renewal fees, but not to exceed $1500.
2) The fee for the issuance of a duplicate license, for the issuance of a replacement license for a license that has been lost or destroyed, for the issuance of a license with a change of name or address, or for the issuance of a license with a change in proficiency level, other than during the renewal period, is $25. No fee is required for name and address changes on Commission records when no duplicate license is issued.
3) The fee for certification of a licensee's record for any purpose is $20.
4) The fee for a wall certificate showing licensure is $20.
5) The fee for a roster of persons licensed as sign language interpreters for the deaf in this State shall be the actual cost of producing the roster. The Commission maintains an online listing of all persons licensed as sign language interpreters for the deaf in this State.