TITLE 68: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
CHAPTER VII: DEPARTMENT OF FINANCIAL AND PROFESSIONAL REGULATION
SUBCHAPTER b: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
PART 1500 VETERINARY MEDICINE AND SURGERY PRACTICE ACT OF 2004
SECTION 1500.35 RESTORATION
Section 1500.35 Restoration
a) A licensee seeking restoration of a license that has been expired for 5 years or less shall have the license restored upon payment of the fee specified in Section 1500.47 and proof of completion of the continuing education requirements set forth in Section 1500.25 for a single renewal period.
b) A licensee seeking restoration of a license that has been expired or on inactive status for more than 5 years shall file an application, on forms supplied by the Division, together with the fee specified in Section 1500.47 and proof of 40 hours of approved continuing education (e.g., certificate of attendance or completion) in accordance with Section 1500.25. The licensee shall also submit:
1) Sworn evidence of active veterinarian practice in another jurisdiction. This evidence shall include a statement from the appropriate board or licensing authority in the other jurisdiction that the licensee was authorized to practice during the term of active practice; or
2) An affidavit attesting to military service as provided in Section 15 of the Act; or
3) Other evidence of experience within the profession other than active practice (such as research, teaching or publishing) during the time when the license was expired; or
4) 20 hours of approved continuing education for each year the license was expired completed during the 2 years proceeding application for restoration. These hours will be in addition to the 40 hours stated in subsection (b).
c) A licensee seeking restoration of a license that has been on inactive status for 5 years or less shall file an application, on forms provided by the Division, together with proof of completion of continuing education requirements for a single renewal period and the current renewal fee.
d) Any person seeking restoration of a license within 2 years after discharge from military service pursuant to Section 15 of the Act will be required to pay only the current renewal fee and will not be required to submit proof of meeting the continuing education requirements.
e) When the accuracy of any submitted documentation or the relevance or sufficiency of the course work or experience is questioned by the Division or the Board because of a lack of information, discrepancies or conflicts in information given or a need for clarification, the applicant seeking restoration shall be requested to:
1) Provide such information as may be necessary; and/or
2) Appear for an interview before the Board to explain such relevance or sufficiency, clarify information or clear up any discrepancies or conflicts in information.
(Source: Amended at 36 Ill. Reg. 13866, effective September 7, 2012)