TITLE 68: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
CHAPTER VII: DEPARTMENT OF FINANCIAL AND PROFESSIONAL REGULATION
SUBCHAPTER b: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
PART 1500 VETERINARY MEDICINE AND SURGERY PRACTICE ACT OF 2004
SECTION 1500.10 APPLICATION FOR EXAMINATION BY GRADUATES OF APPROVED PROGRAMS
Section 1500.10 Application for Examination by Graduates of Approved Programs
a) An applicant for examination for licensure to practice veterinary medicine and surgery who is a graduate of an approved program of veterinary medicine and surgery that meets the requirements set forth in Section 1500.5 shall file an application with the Division or its designated testing service on forms supplied by the Division at least 60 days prior to an examination date. The application shall include:
1) Certification of graduation from an approved program of veterinary medicine and surgery;
2) The required fee specified in Section 1500.47 of this Part; and
3) Certification of licensure from all jurisdictions in which the applicant has ever been licensed and is currently licensed, if applicable, stating:
A) The time during which the applicant was licensed in that jurisdiction, including the date of original issuance of the license;
B) A description of the licensure examination in that jurisdiction;
C) Whether the file on the applicant contains any record of any disciplinary actions taken or pending.
b) Examination Prior to Granduation
1) An applicant enrolled in an approved veterinary program will be admitted to an examination prior to graduation if he/she provides certification from the college of veterinary medicine from which the applicant is expected to graduate. If certification of graduation is not received within 90 days after the scheduled graduation date, the results of the examination shall be void.
2) The results of the examination shall be made available to the applicant but no license shall be issued until the Division has received certification of the applicant's graduation, within 90 days after the scheduled graduation date specified in subsection (b)(1).
3) In the case of failure of the examination, the applicant must submit his/her certificate of graduation to the Division or its designated testing service prior to taking the next examination.
c) An applicant who has taken and passed the examination pursuant to Section 1500.20 in another jurisdiction shall file an application in accordance with subsection (a) and have the examination scores submitted to the Division directly from the testing entity.
(Source: Amended at 31 Ill. Reg. 15772, effective November 13, 2007)