TITLE 68: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
CHAPTER VIII: DEPARTMENT OF FINANCIAL AND PROFESSIONAL REGULATION
SUBCHAPTER b: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
PART 1450 REAL ESTATE LICENSE ACT OF 2000
SECTION 1450.1165 DISCIPLINE OF EDUCATION PROVIDERS, INSTRUCTORS AND COURSES
Section 1450.1165 Discipline of Education Providers, Instructors and Courses
a) The Board, after notice, can conduct an informal conference to review an education provider's, instructor's, or course's compliance with the Act and this Part. The Board may make a recommendation to the Department based upon its findings and conclusions resulting from that conference.
b) Upon written recommendation of the Board to the Director, the Division may refuse to issue or renew a license, reprimand, fine, place on probation, suspend or revoke any license or otherwise discipline any license of any education provider, pre-license instructor, pre-license course, CE instructor, CE course, post-license course, or an applicant for any license when:
1) The quality of the course, instruction or program fails to meet the established criteria as set forth in the Act and this Part;
2) There is fraud or misrepresentation in applying for a license;
3) Any other professional license, accreditation or certification of the instructor, school or course is suspended, revoked or otherwise disciplined;
4) There is dismissal of students, without good cause, from a course that results in required hours not being met;
5) There is failure to adhere to approved course materials;
6) The licensee or applicant conducts a course while the license is nonrenewed, expired, suspended, revoked or surrendered;
7) There is plagiarism of course material;
8) A course is not conducted in the manner represented to the Division at the time licensure was requested or a course no longer complies with the criteria for licensure;
9) The licensee or applicant does not enforce policies relating to courses, instructor qualifications, student attendance or course scheduling;
10) The licensee misrepresents any material fact relating to a course;
11) The licensee fails to maintain, for a period of at least 5 years, accurate records of students' course completion or to fill, within 14 days, student or Department requests for course completion certificates;
12) The licensee or applicant subverted or attempted to subvert the integrity of an examination or course, including improper reproduction of an examination, providing, orally or in writing, any questions or answers to an examination, cheating, bribery or otherwise aiding and abetting an applicant or licensee to subvert the integrity of an examination or course;
13) The licensee or applicant made any substantial misrepresentation, misleading or untruthful advertising, including without limitation guaranteeing success or a "pass score" on any examination, exam or in any course or using any trade name or insignia of membership in any educational or any real estate organization of which the applicant or licensee is not a member;
14) The licensee or applicant taught real estate courses without being qualified, including, but not limited to, being unapproved by the Division, being unlicensed, having a nonrenewed license or being uncertified or aids and abets an unqualified individual to teach a real estate course;
15) The licensee or applicant failed to provide information to the Division as required under any provision of the Act or this Part;
16) The licensee or applicant disregarded or violated any provision of the Act or this Part; or
17) A licensed pre-license or CE instructor fails to advise an education provider as to a license restriction set forth in Sections 1450.1115(d) and 1450.1145(d).
c) Disciplinary proceedings shall be conducted as set forth in the Act and this Part.
d) The Division may temporarily suspend a pre-license or CE course license without hearing for failure to comply with the Act or this Part upon recommendation of the Board. No pre-license or CE credit shall be granted to any licensee for completing a pre-license or CE course for which the course license has been temporarily suspended.
(Source: Amended at 43 Ill. Reg. 1975, effective January 25, 2019)