TITLE 68: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
CHAPTER VIII: DEPARTMENT OF FINANCIAL AND PROFESSIONAL REGULATION
SUBCHAPTER b: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
PART 1450 REAL ESTATE LICENSE ACT OF 2000
SECTION 1450.610 OFFICES AND BRANCH OFFICES
Section 1450.610 Offices and Branch Offices
a) A licensee's office shall be an office or branch office of the licensee's sponsoring broker.
1) An office is any business location or structure that is owned, controlled, operated or maintained by a licensee who, at that business location or structure, is:
A) engaging in licensed activities;
B) offering real estate services to consumers;
C) holding out to the public that the licensee is engaging in licensed activities;
D) maintaining original real estate documents and records related to active or pending transactions;
E) maintaining current escrow records; or
F) meeting consumers for the purpose of engaging in licensed activities.
2) The following places do not constitute an office. These places are provided as examples and are not intended to be inclusive or exclusive of other places:
A) a motor vehicle primarily used for transportation;
B) a place that is solely devoted to advertising real estate matters of a general nature or to making a sponsoring broker's business name generally known;
C) a place that a licensee uses solely for storage or archiving of records;
D) a licensee's residence unless held out to the public as a location where the person is engaging in licensed activities; or
E) A post office box, mail drop location or other similar facility.
c) Branch Offices
1) To operate a branch office, a sponsoring broker shall submit:
A) A signed and completed application, on forms provided by the Division;
B) The required fee set forth in Section 1450.130;
C) A completed consent to examine and audit special accounts form; and
D) The name and license number of the designated managing broker of the branch office.
2) After receipt and approval of the application, required fees and appropriate documentation, the Division shall issue a branch office license or notify the applicant of the basis for denial.
3) The name of the branch office shall be the same name as the principal office or shall clearly delineate the branch office's relationship with the principal office (e.g., affiliated with, associated with, subsidiary of).
4) The sponsoring broker shall not open a branch office, and the sponsoring broker shall not have licensees working from a branch office, until the branch office license number is issued.
(Source: Amended at 43 Ill. Reg. 1975, effective January 25, 2019)