TITLE 68: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
CHAPTER VII: DEPARTMENT OF FINANCIAL AND PROFESSIONAL REGULATION
SUBCHAPTER b: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
PART 1380 THE PROFESSIONAL ENGINEERING PRACTICE ACT OF 1989
SECTION 1380.275 FEES
Section 1380.275 Fees
The following fees shall be paid to the Department and are not refundable:
a) Application Fees
1) The fee for application for a license as a professional engineer is $100.
2) The application fee for a certificate of enrollment as an engineer intern is $20.
3) The application fee for a certificate of registration as a professional design firm is $75.
4) In addition, applicants for an examination shall be required to pay, either to the Department or to the designated testing service, a fee covering the cost of determining an applicant's eligibility and providing the examination. Failure to appear for the examination on the scheduled date, at the time and place specified, after the applicant's application for examination has been received and acknowledged by the Department or the designated testing service, shall result in the forfeiture of the examination fee.
b) Renewal Fees
1) The fee for the renewal of a license shall be calculated at the rate of $30 per year.
2) The fee for renewal of a certificate of registration as a professional design firm is $75 for the renewal period (see Section 1380.310(c)).
c) General Fees
1) The fee for the restoration of a license other than from inactive status is $50 plus payment of all lapsed renewal fees.
2) The fee for the issuance of a duplicate license, for the issuance of a replacement license for a license that has been lost or destroyed, or for the issuance of a license with a change of name or address, other than during the renewal period, is $20. No fee is required for name and address changes on Division records when no duplicate license is issued.
3) The fee for a certification of a licensee's record for any purpose is $20.
4) The fee to have the scoring of an examination administered by the Division reviewed and verified is $20 plus any fee charged by the testing service.
5) The fee for a wall certificate showing licensure shall be the actual cost of producing the certificate.
6) The fee for a roster of persons licensed as professional engineers or engineer interns in this State shall be the actual cost of producing the roster.
d) Additional Fees
1) Any person who delivers a check or other payment to the Department that is returned to the Department unpaid by the financial institution upon which it is drawn shall pay to the Department, in addition to the amount already owed to the Department, a fee of $50.
2) If the check or other payment was for a renewal or issuance fee and that person practices without paying the renewal fee or issuance fee and the fee for a returned check, an additional fee of $100 shall be imposed.
3) The fees imposed by this Section are in addition to any other discipline provided under the Act for unlicensed practice or practice on a nonrenewed license. The Division will notify the person that fees shall be paid to the Department by certified check or money order within 30 calendar days after the notification.
4) If, after the expiration of 30 days from the date of the notification, the person has failed to submit the necessary remittance, the Division will automatically terminate the license or certificate or deny the application without hearing.
5) If, after termination or denial, the person seeks a license or certificate, he or she shall apply to the Division for restoration or issuance of the license or certificate and pay all fees due to the Department. The Department may establish a fee for the processing of an application for restoration of a license or certificate to pay all expenses of processing this application.
6) The Director may waive the fees due under this Section in individual cases when the Director finds that the fees would be unreasonable or unnecessarily burdensome.
(Source: Amended at 36 Ill. Reg. 272, effective January 6, 2012)