TITLE 68: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
CHAPTER VII: DEPARTMENT OF FINANCIAL AND PROFESSIONAL REGULATION
SUBCHAPTER b: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
PART 1380 THE PROFESSIONAL ENGINEERING PRACTICE ACT OF 1989
SECTION 1380.250 APPLICATION FOR LICENSURE AS A PROFESSIONAL ENGINEER BY ACCEPTANCE OF EXAMINATION
Section 1380.250 Application for Licensure as a Professional Engineer by Acceptance of Examination
a) An applicant shall have passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (Part I) and the Principles and Practice of Engineering (Part II) examinations in compliance with Sections 1380.240 and 1380.245.
1) Applicants who were manually approved by Illinois to sit for both the Fundamentals of Engineering exam and the Principles and Practice of Engineering exam through the Illinois designated testing company are not required to submit certification.
2) Applicants who were approved to sit for the Fundamentals of Engineering exam and/or the Principles and Practice of Engineering exam in another jurisdiction shall submit certification from the appropriate state board, including the date of each examination.
b) An applicant shall have acquired all experience required by Section 1380.230 prior to review by the Division.
c) An applicant for licensure as a professional engineer shall file an application on forms supplied by the Division. The application shall include, in addition to the requirements of Section 8 of the Act, the following:
A) An applicant graduating from an approved baccalaureate degree program must submit 4 years of acceptable experience in compliance with Section 1380.230.
B) An applicant graduating from a related science or non-approved baccalaureate degree program must submit 8 years of acceptable experience in compliance with Section 1380.230.
C) For an applicant claiming credit for participation in a cooperative program, as described in Section 1380.230(a)(3), certification of that participation with a brief description of the program from the university or on forms provided by the Division.
2) The required fee specified in Section 1380.275.
d) Upon receipt of the application and all supporting documentation in complete order, the applicant's file will be reviewed by the Division for evaluation of the required experience as specified in Section 1380.230. Upon submitting an application with proof of passing both examinations, and acceptable experience, the applicant, if otherwise qualified, shall be granted a license to practice professional engineering in this State.
e) Applicants will be deferred licensure as a Professional Engineer if:
1) Applicants with degrees from a non-approved engineering program or related science curriculum whose 8 years of experience is reviewed and not approved by the Board, based on the criteria specified in Section 1380.230, shall be deferred licensure as a Illinois Professional Engineer until the experience meets the requirements.
2) Applicants whose applications were submitted more than 3 years previously and were not complete (passage of exams and acceptable experience) must submit a new application and fee for review once the experience is complete.
(Source: Amended at 39 Ill. Reg. 14859, effective November 13, 2015)