TITLE 68: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
CHAPTER VII: DEPARTMENT OF FINANCIAL AND PROFESSIONAL REGULATION
SUBCHAPTER b: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
PART 1375 PROFESSIONAL COUNSELOR AND CLINICAL PROFESSIONAL COUNSELOR LICENSING ACT
SECTION 1375.80 RESTORATION PROFESSIONAL COUNSELOR
Section 1375.80 Restoration – Professional Counselor
a) Any professional counselor whose license has expired or has been placed on inactive status for 5 years or less may have the license restored by paying the fees required by Section 1375.205. Individuals restoring will be required to submit proof of having met the continuing education requirements pursuant to Section 1375.220. Continuing education must be completed during the 24 months preceding application for restoration.
b) Any person seeking restoration of a license that has been expired or placed on inactive status for more than 5 years shall file an application, on forms supplied by the Division together with the fee required by Section 1375.205. Individuals restoring be required to submit proof of having met the continuing education requirements pursuant to Section 1375.220. Continuing education must be completed during the 24 months preceding application for restoration. The applicant shall also submit either:
1) Certification of active practice in another jurisdiction. Such certification shall include a statement from the appropriate board or licensing authority in the other jurisdiction that the licensee was authorized to practice during the term of said active practice; or
2) An affidavit attesting to military service as provided in Section 60(d) of the Act; or
3) Proof of passage of the National Counselor Examination (NCE) or the Certified Rehabilitation Counselor Examination during the period the license was lapsed or on inactive status.
c) When the accuracy of any submitted documentation or the relevance or sufficiency of the coursework or experience is questioned by the Division because of a lack of information, discrepancies or conflicts in information given or a need for clarification, the applicant seeking restoration of a license shall be required to:
1) Provide such information as may be necessary; and/or
2) Appear for an interview before the Board to explain such relevance or sufficiency, clarify information or clear up any discrepancies or conflicts in information. Upon recommendation of the Board and approval by the Division, an applicant shall have the license restored.
(Source: Amended at 35 Ill. Reg. 7586, effective May 13, 2011)