TITLE 68: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
CHAPTER VII: DEPARTMENT OF PROFESSIONAL REGULATION
SUBCHAPTER b: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
PART 1335 PERFUSIONIST PRACTICE ACT
SECTION 1335.70 ENDORSEMENT
Section 1335.70 Endorsement
a) An applicant for licensure as a perfusionist who is licensed under the laws of another state shall file an application with the Department that shall include:
1) Certification of graduation from a school accredited by the Commission on the Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or a similar accrediting body approved by the Department;
2) Certification of successful completion of the examination provided by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion (ABCP) or its successor agency or a substantially equivalent examination approved by the Department;
3) Verification from the state in which the applicant was originally licensed and is currently licensed, stating:
A) The time during which the applicant was licensed in that jurisdiction; and
B) Whether the file on the applicant contains any record of any disciplinary actions taken or pending;
4) A complete work history indicating all employment since graduation from an approved perfusionist program; and
5) The required fee set forth in Section 1335.20 of this Part.
b) The Department shall examine each endorsement application to determine whether the requirements in the other state at the date of licensing were substantially equivalent to the requirements then in force in this State and whether the applicant has otherwise complied with the Act. The Department shall either issue a license by endorsement or notify the applicant of the reasons for the denial of the application.