TITLE 68: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
CHAPTER VII: DEPARTMENT OF FINANCIAL AND PROFESSIONAL REGULATION
SUBCHAPTER b: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
PART 1330 PHARMACY PRACTICE ACT
SECTION 1330.550 NONRESIDENT PHARMACIES
Section 1330.550 Nonresident Pharmacies
a) The Division shall require and provide for an annual nonresident special pharmacy registration for all pharmacies located outside of this State that dispense medications for Illinois residents and mail, ship or deliver prescription medications into this State, including home pharmacies of remote pharmacies located in Illinois that are located outside of Illinois. Unless there is a direct conflict between Illinois pharmacy law and the pharmacy laws of the state in which the nonresident pharmacy is located, nonresident pharmacies shall abide by all Illinois laws and rules when filling prescriptions for Illinois residents, except that pharmacists employed at those pharmacies and the pharmacist-in-charge of those pharmacies shall not be required to be licensed in Illinois except as otherwise provided in this Part. Nonresident special pharmacy registration shall be granted by the Division upon the disclosure and certification by a pharmacy:
1) That it is licensed in the state in which the dispensing facility is located and from which the drugs are dispensed;
2) Of the location, names and titles of all principal corporate officers and all pharmacists who are dispensing drugs to residents of this State;
3) That it complies with all lawful directions and requests for information from the board of pharmacy of each state in which it is licensed or registered, except that it shall respond directly to all communications from the Division concerning emergency circumstances arising from the dispensing of drugs to residents of this State;
4) That it maintains its records of drugs dispensed to residents of this State so that the records are readily retrievable from the records of other drugs dispensed;
5) That it cooperates with the Division in providing information to the board of pharmacy of the state in which it is licensed concerning matters related to the dispensing of drugs to residents of this State; and
6) That, during its regular hours of operation, but not less than 6 days per week for a minimum of 40 hours per week, a toll-free telephone service is provided to facilitate communication between patients in this State and a pharmacist retained by the nonresident pharmacy who has access to the patients' records. The toll-free number must be disclosed on the label affixed to each container of drugs dispensed to residents of this State.
b) To obtain nonresident special pharmacy registration in Illinois, an applicant shall file an application with the Division, on forms provided by the Division, that includes:
1) Disclosure and certification of information required in subsection (a); and
2) The fee required by Section 1330.20.
c) Nonresident special pharmacy registration shall expire on March 31 of each even-numbered year and may be renewed during the 60 days preceding the expiration date by paying the fee required by Section 1330.20.
(Source: Amended at 39 Ill. Reg. 6267, effective April 23, 2015)