TITLE 68: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
CHAPTER VII: DEPARTMENT OF FINANCIAL AND PROFESSIONAL REGULATION
SUBCHAPTER b: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
PART 1330 PHARMACY PRACTICE ACT
SECTION 1330.420 EMERGENCY REMOTE TEMPORARY PHARMACY LICENSE
Section 1330.420 Emergency Remote Temporary Pharmacy License
1) "Emergency remote temporary pharmacy" means a pharmacy not located at the same location as a home pharmacy at which pharmacy services are provided during an emergency situation.
2) "Emergency situation" means an emergency caused by a natural or manmade disaster or any other exceptional situation that causes an extraordinary demand for pharmacy services.
b) The following is applicable for the emergency remote temporary pharmacy:
1) The emergency remote temporary pharmacy will not be issued a separate pharmacy license but shall operate under the license of the home pharmacy. To qualify for an emergency remote temporary pharmacy license, the applicant must submit an application including the following information:
A) license number, name, address and phone number of the home pharmacy;
B) names, address and phone number of the emergency remote temporary pharmacy;
C) name and pharmacist license number of the pharmacist-in-charge of the home pharmacy and of the pharmacist-in-charge of the emergency remote temporary pharmacy; and
D) any other information required by the Board.
2) The Division will notify the home pharmacy of the approval of an emergency remote temporary pharmacy license.
3) The emergency remote temporary pharmacy license shall be valid for a period determined by the Director not to exceed 6 months. The Director, in his or her discretion, may renew the emergency remote temporary pharmacy license for an additional 6 months if the emergency situation still exists and the holder of the license shows good cause for the emergency remote temporary pharmacy to continue operation.
4) The emergency remote temporary pharmacy shall have a written contract or agreement with the home pharmacy that outlines the services to be provided and the responsibilities and accountabilities of the remote and home pharmacy in fulfilling the terms of the contract or agreement in compliance with federal and State laws and regulations.
5) The home pharmacy shall designate a pharmacist to serve as the pharmacist-in-charge of the emergency remote temporary pharmacy.
6) The equipment and facility of the pharmacy must enable prescriptions to be filled accurately and properly compounded; it must be operated and maintained in a manner that will not endanger the health and safety of the public.
7) An onsite pharmacy can only provide service to patients, staff or families of staff of that institution.