TITLE 68: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
CHAPTER VII: DEPARTMENT OF FINANCIAL AND PROFESSIONAL REGULATION
SUBCHAPTER b: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
PART 1330 PHARMACY PRACTICE ACT
SECTION 1330.220 CERTIFIED PHARMACY TECHNICIAN
Section 1330.220 Certified Pharmacy Technician
a) An individual may receive certification as a certified pharmacy technician if he or she:
1) Has submitted a written application in the form and manner prescribed;
2) Has attained the age of 18;
3) Is of good moral character, as determined by the Division;
4) Graduated from a pharmacy technician training program approved by a nationally recognized accrediting body or obtained documentation from the pharmacist-in-charge of the pharmacy where the applicant is employed verifying that he or she has successfully completed a training program as provided for in Section 1330.210(a);
5) Has successfully passed an examination accredited by the National Organization for Competency Assurance (NOCA), as approved and required by the Board. The Division, upon the recommendation of the Board, has determined that the Exam for the Certification of Pharmacy Technicians offered by the Institute for the Certification of Pharmacy Technicians, and the Pharmacy Technician Certification Examination offered by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board, are accredited by NOCA and are, therefore, approved examinations for certification; and
6) Has paid the required certification fees.
b) No pharmacist whose license has been denied, revoked, suspended or restricted for disciplinary purposes may be eligible to be registered as a certified pharmacy technician.