TITLE 68: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
CHAPTER VII: DEPARTMENT OF FINANCIAL AND PROFESSIONAL REGULATION
SUBCHAPTER b: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
PART 1330 PHARMACY PRACTICE ACT
SECTION 1330.210 PHARMACY TECHNICIAN TRAINING
Section 1330.210 Pharmacy Technician Training
a) It shall be the joint responsibility of a pharmacy and its pharmacist-in-charge to have trained all of its pharmacy technicians or obtain proof of prior training in all of the following topics as they relate to the practice site:
1) The duties and responsibilities of the technicians and pharmacists.
2) Tasks and technical skills, policies and procedures.
3) Compounding, packaging, labeling and storage.
4) Pharmaceutical and medical terminology.
5) Record keeping requirements.
6) The ability to perform and apply arithmetic calculations.
b) Within 6 months after initial employment or changing the duties and responsibilities of a pharmacy technician, it shall be the joint responsibility of the pharmacy and the pharmacist-in-charge to train the pharmacy technician or obtain proof of prior training in the areas listed in subsection (a) as they relate to the practice site or to document that the pharmacy technician is making appropriate progress.
c) All pharmacies shall maintain an up to date training program describing the duties and responsibilities of a pharmacy technician.
d) All pharmacies shall create and maintain retrievable records of training or proof of training as required in this Section.