TITLE 68: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
CHAPTER VII: DEPARTMENT OF FINANCIAL AND PROFESSIONAL REGULATION
SUBCHAPTER b: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
PART 1330 PHARMACY PRACTICE ACT
SECTION 1330.40 VIOLATIONS
Section 1330.40 Violations
a) A registrant shall not:
1) Engage in a professional association, with any place defined as a drug store or pharmacy in the Act where the practice of pharmacy is engaged in by any person who is not authorized to practice under the Act or that is not operated and conducted in compliance with the Act.
2) Compound, sell or offer for sale, or cause to be compounded, sold or offered for sale, any drug, medicine, poison, chemical or pharmaceutical preparation, under or by a name recognized in the United States Pharmacopeia/National Formulary for internal or external use that differs from standard of strength, quality, purity or bioavailability as determined by the tests specified in the United States Pharmacopeia/National Formulary that is official at the time of the compounding, sale or offering for sale.
3) Compound, sell or offer for sale, or willfully cause to be compounded, sold or offered for sale, any drug, medicine, poison, chemical or pharmaceutical preparation the strength or purity of which falls below the professed standard of strength or purity under which it is sold.
4) Purchase prescription drugs from any source that fails to meet provisions of the Wholesale Drug Distribution Licensing Act [225 ILCS 120].
b) No registrant shall violate any of the following laws, or the rules or regulations promulgated pursuant to these laws, which relate to the practice of pharmacy:
1) Illinois Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act [410 ILCS 620].
2) Hypodermic Syringes and Needles Act [720 ILCS 635].
3) Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act (21 USC 301 et seq.).
4) Federal Controlled Substances Act (21 USC 801 et seq.).
5) Illinois Controlled Substances Act [720 ILCS 570].
6) Cannabis Control Act [720 ILCS 550].
7) Illinois Poison Prevention Packaging Act [430 ILCS 40].
8) Poison Prevention Packaging Act of 1970 (15 USC 1471 et seq.).
9) Wholesale Drug Distribution Licensing Act [225 ILCS 120].
c) If a licensee or registrant is disciplined in another state he or she must inform the Division.