TITLE 68: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
CHAPTER VII: DEPARTMENT OF FINANCIAL AND PROFESSIONAL REGULATION
SUBCHAPTER b: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
PART 1315 ILLINOIS OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY PRACTICE ACT
SECTION 1315.100 APPROVED PROGRAMS
Section 1315.100 Approved Programs
a) The Department of Financial and Professional Regulation-Division of Professional Regulation (Division) shall approve a program of occupational therapy education as reputable and in good standing if it meets the following minimum criteria:
1) Is from an institution legally recognized and authorized by the jurisdiction in which it is located to confer either a masters or doctoral degree in occupational therapy, or its equivalent, or an associate degree as an occupational therapy assistant, or its equivalent.
2) Has a faculty that consists of a sufficient number of full-time instructors to ensure educational obligations to the student are fulfilled. The faculty must have demonstrated competence in their area of teaching as evidenced by appropriate degrees from reputable professional colleges or institutions.
3) Has a curriculum of sufficient content for the achievement of entry level competencies, including liberal and technical education. Documentation shall include instructional objectives, outlines, methods and learning experiences.
4) Accepts only those persons who have graduated from an accredited high school or its equivalent.
5) Maintains permanent student records that summarize the credentials for admission, attendance, grades and other records of performance.
6) Maintains or is formally affiliated with a field work education center that provides a sufficient number and variety of occupational therapy cases for the student's practical instruction.
7) Publishes the requirements for graduation and degrees in a regularly issued catalog.
b) In determining whether a program should be approved, the Division shall take into consideration, but not be bound by, accreditation or approval by the Accreditation Counsel for Occupational Therapy (ACOTE).
c) The Division has determined that all occupational therapy programs accredited or approved by the ACOTE as of July 1, 1996, meet the minimum criteria set forth in this Section and are, therefore, approved.
d) The Division has determined that all occupational therapist (OT) or occupational therapy assistant (OTA) programs approved by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) as of July 1, 1996 meet the minimum criteria set forth in this Section and are, therefore, approved.
(Source: Amended at 39 Ill. Reg. 14520, effective November 6, 2015)