TITLE 68: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
CHAPTER VII: DEPARTMENT OF FINANCIAL AND PROFESSIONAL REGULATION
SUBCHAPTER b: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
PART 1300 NURSE PRACTICE ACT
SECTION 1300.680 REQUIRED REPORTS OF QUALIFIED FACILITIES
Section 1300.680 Required Reports of Qualified Facilities
a) Qualified facilities shall submit quarterly written reports that document monthly review of the facility's pilot program by the facility's director of nursing, that document trends and patterns with regard to medication aides, and that include, at a minimum:
1) Medication errors and the outcome of the resident.
2) Costs and other financial implications associated with the use of medication aides.
3) The benefits of the program.
4) The quality of service provided by the medication aides.
5) The challenges of the program.
6) Any other issues with regard to patient safety and efficiency.
7) The overall quality of the medication aide curriculum and adherence to sound educational and instructional principles.
8) Current list of licensed medication aides employed at the qualified facility, including termination dates and hiring dates.
b) The Division shall submit a report to the General Assembly regarding patient safety, concerns and issues no later than 6 months after termination of the pilot program. The Division may consult with IDPH and other outside entities and may consult with individuals from institutions of higher learning to develop the report.
(Source: Added at 39 Ill. Reg. 15764, effective November 24, 2015)