TITLE 68: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
CHAPTER VII: DEPARTMENT OF FINANCIAL AND PROFESSIONAL REGULATION
SUBCHAPTER b: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
PART 1300 NURSE PRACTICE ACT
SECTION 1300.330 NURSE EXTERNSHIP
Section 1300.330 Nurse Externship
a) Each applicant for a nurse externship permit shall file a completed, signed application on forms supplied by the Division. The application shall include:
1) proof of graduation from an RN educational program approved by the Division;
2) verification of licensure as an RN in another state or territory of the United States and proof of an active and unencumbered license in all of the states or territories in which the applicant is licensed;
3) verification of an offer for employment in Illinois as a nurse extern and a copy of the written employment offer;
4) a letter of acceptance from the Bilingual Nurse Consortium course or other comparable course approved by the Division;
5) verification from the applicant's prospective employer stating that the prospective employer agrees to pay the full tuition for the Bilingual Nurse Consortium course or other comparable course approved by the Division;
6) proof of taking the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic Module. For TOEFL a minimum passing score on the paper-based test of 560, computer-based test of 220, or internet-based test of 83. For the IELTS Academic Module, the minimum passing score shall be 6.5 (overall score) and 7.0 (spoken band);
7) proof that the applicant has not violated the provisions of Section 10-45 of the Act; and
8) the required externship permit fee set forth in Section 1300.30(a)(3).
b) The nurse extern must submit to the Division a mid-year exam as determined by the Bilingual Nurse Consortium that demonstrates proficiency towards passing the NCLEX.
c) A nurse extern shall be issued only one permit that shall expire one calendar year after it is issued.