TITLE 68: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
CHAPTER VII: DEPARTMENT OF FINANCIAL AND PROFESSIONAL REGULATION
SUBCHAPTER b: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
PART 1300 NURSE PRACTICE ACT
SECTION 1300.260 STANDARDS FOR PROFESSIONAL CONDUCT FOR LPNS
Section 1300.260 Standards for Professional Conduct for LPNs
a) The licensed practical nurse shall, but is not limited to, upholding the following professional standards:
1) Practice in accordance with the Act and this Part;
2) Practice nursing only when in functional physical and mental health;
3) Be accountable for his or her own nursing actions and competencies;
4) Practice or offer to practice, including delegated nursing activities, only within the scope permitted by law and within the licensee's own educational preparation and competencies;
5) Perform nursing activities as delegated;
6) Seek instruction from a registered professional nurse or advanced practice nurse when implementing new or unfamiliar nursing activities;
7) Report unsafe, unethical or illegal health care practice or conditions to appropriate authorities and to the Division;
8) Assume responsibility for continued growth and education to reflect knowledge and understanding of current nursing care practice.
b) Violations of this Section may result in discipline as specified in Section 70-5 of the Act. All disciplinary hearings shall be conducted in accordance with 68 Ill. Adm. Code 1110.