TITLE 68: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
CHAPTER VII: DEPARTMENT OF FINANCIAL AND PROFESSIONAL REGULATION
SUBCHAPTER b: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
PART 1300 NURSE PRACTICE ACT
SECTION 1300.120 IMPAIRED LICENSEE - DISCIPLINARY AND NON-DISCIPLINARY
Section 1300.120 Impaired Licensee − Disciplinary and Non-Disciplinary
a) Disciplinary and Non-Disciplinary Options for the Impaired Licensee. The Division shall establish by rule a program of care, counseling and treatment for the impaired licensee. This program shall allow an impaired licensee to self-refer to the program.
b) Eligibility for consideration for a care, counseling and treatment agreement shall include but not be limited to the following:
1) licensee must self report to the Division before a complaint has been filed;
2) licensee must have no prior disciplinary action in any jurisdiction concerning practice issues related to substance abuse;
3) licensee has not been convicted criminally of any felony or drug-related misdemeanor, nor is any such criminal action pending;
4) licensee acknowledges addiction and/or chemical dependence; and
5) licensee has appeared for and submitted to an assessment by a physician who is a certified addictionist or an advanced practice nurse with specialty certification in addiction and has followed the recommendations of the assessment.
c) Individual licensee health care records shall be privileged and confidential, unavailable for use in any proceeding, and not subject to disclosure. Nothing in this Section shall impair or prohibit the Division from taking disciplinary action based upon the grounds set forth in Section 70-5 of the Act.
(Source: Amended at 39 Ill. Reg. 15764, effective November 24, 2015)