TITLE 68: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
CHAPTER VII: DEPARTMENT OF FINANCIAL AND PROFESSIONAL REGULATION
SUBCHAPTER b: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
PART 1300 NURSE PRACTICE ACT
SECTION 1300.90 UNETHICAL OR UNPROFESSIONAL CONDUCT
Section 1300.90 Unethical or Unprofessional Conduct
a) The Division may suspend or revoke a license, refuse to issue or renew a license or take other disciplinary action based upon its findings of unethical or unprofessional conduct (see Section 70-5(b)(7) of the Act), which is interpreted to include, but is not limited to, the following acts or practices:
1) Engaging in conduct likely to deceive, defraud or harm the public, or demonstrating a willful disregard for the health, welfare or safety of a patient. Actual injury need not be established.
2) A departure from or failure to conform to the standards of practice as set forth in the Act or this Part. Actual injury to a patient need not be established.
3) Engaging in behavior that crosses professional boundaries (such as signing wills or other documents not related to client health care).
4) Engaging in sexual conduct with a patient, or conduct that may reasonably be interpreted by a patient as sexual, or in any verbal behavior that is sexually harassing to a patient.
5) Demonstrating actual or potential inability to practice nursing with reasonable skill, safety or judgment by reason of illness, use of alcohol, drugs, chemicals or any other material, or as a result of any mental or physical condition.
b) The Division hereby incorporates by reference the "Code for Nurses with Interpretive Statements", July 2001, American Nurses Association, 8515 Georgia Avenue, Suite 400, Silver Spring MD 20910, with no later amendments or editions.
c) The Division hereby incorporates by reference the "Standards of Practice and Educational Competencies of Graduates of Practical/Vocational Nursing Programs", National Association for Practical Nurse Education and Service, Inc., May 6, 2007, 1940 Duke Street, Suite 200, Alexandria VA 22314, with no later amendments or editions.
(Source: Amended at 39 Ill. Reg. 15764, effective November 24, 2015)