TITLE 68: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
CHAPTER VII: DEPARTMENT OF FINANCIAL AND PROFESSIONAL REGULATION
SUBCHAPTER b: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
PART 1280 SEX OFFENDER EVALUATION AND TREATMENT PROVIDER ACT
SECTION 1280.30 APPLICATION FOR LICENSURE AS A SEX OFFENDER TREATMENT PROVIDER
Section 1280.30 Application for Licensure as a Sex Offender Treatment Provider
a) An applicant for licensure as a sex offender treatment provider shall file an application on forms provided by the Division. The applicant will be required to meet the licensure and education requirements set forth in Section 35 of the Act.
b) The applicant must provide proof that he or she holds an active license as one of the following:
1) a physician licensed to practice medicine in all of its branches under the Medical Practice Act of 1987 or an equivalent license under the laws of another state;
2) an advanced practice nurse with psychiatric specialty licensed under the Nurse Practice Act or an equivalent license under the laws of another state;
3) a clinical psychologist licensed under the Clinical Psychologist Licensing Act or an equivalent license under the laws of another state;
4) a licensed clinical social worker licensed under the Clinical Social Work and Social Work Practice Act or an equivalent license under the laws of another state;
5) a licensed clinical professional counselor licensed under the Professional Counselor and Clinical Professional Counselor Licensing and Practice Act or an equivalent license under the laws of another state; or
6) a licensed marriage and family therapist licensed under the Marriage and Family Therapy Licensing Act or an equivalent license to practice in another state.
c) The applicant must comply with the experience requirements set forth in Section 1280.40.
d) The applicant must demonstrate completion of 40 clock hours of documented training in the specialty of sex offender evaluations, treatment or management. The clock hours required under this subsection must comply with Section 1280.120.
e) The applicant must pay the required fee set forth in Section 1280.100.
f) Individuals applying for licensure based on an equivalent license under the laws of another state must provide a Certification of Licensure from the issuing state as part of their application. The certification must indicate the current status of the license.