TITLE 68: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
CHAPTER VII: DEPARTMENT OF FINANCIAL AND PROFESSIONAL REGULATION
SUBCHAPTER b: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
PART 1240 PRIVATE DETECTIVE, PRIVATE ALARM, PRIVATE SECURITY, FINGERPRINT VENDOR, AND LOCKSMITH ACT OF 2004
SECTION 1240.20 APPLICATION FOR LICENSURE PRIVATE DETECTIVE AGENCY
Section 1240.20 Application for Licensure – Private Detective Agency
a) An applicant for licensure as a private detective agency shall, in accordance with Section 15-15 of the Act, file an application with the Division, on forms provided by the Division, together with the following:
1) Agency name, address and telephone number of principal office in Illinois where services are provided. A post office box by itself is not acceptable.
2) If the agency does not maintain a principal office in Illinois, the address and telephone number of its out-of-state office where its licensee-in-charge is located and records of its operations within Illinois are kept in compliance with the requirements of the Act and this Part. A post office box by itself is not acceptable.
3) Name and Illinois private detective license number of its licensee-in-charge.
4) The required fees specified in Section 1240.570.
5) The type of business (sole proprietorship, partnership, corporation, etc.).
A) If a sole proprietorship, the name of the owner and his or her license number;
B) If a partnership, a listing of all partners and their license numbers;
C) If a corporation, a copy of the Articles of Incorporation, a Certificate of Good Standing issued by the Secretary of State within the previous 60 days, and a listing of the officers and directors of the corporation, including license numbers, if applicable. If using an assumed name (d/b/a), a copy of the assumed name registration issued by the Secretary of State. If the corporation is a foreign corporation, a copy of the authorization to conduct business in Illinois;
D) If a limited liability company, a copy of the Articles of Organization, a Certificate of Good Standing issued by the Secretary of State within the previous 60 days, and a listing of the members of the limited liability company and their license numbers, if applicable.
b) The name of the agency shall not include the words "law enforcement" or "police" or any other words or combination that implies that the agency is a law enforcement or police agency or a governmental agency.
c) Any unlicensed officers, directors or members of the applicant corporation or limited liability company shall be persons of good moral character as determined by the Division.
d) When the accuracy, relevance or sufficiency of any submitted documentation or information is questioned by the Division because of lack of information, discrepancies or conflicts in information given, or a need for clarification, the applicant seeking licensure or any of its owners, partners, officers, directors or members shall be requested to:
1) Provide information as may be necessary; and/or
2) Appear for an interview before the Board to explain the accuracy, relevance or sufficiency of any submitted documentation or information or lack of information, discrepancies or conflicts in information given.
(Source: Added at 36 Ill. Reg. 9938, effective July 13, 2012)