TITLE 68: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
CHAPTER VII: DEPARTMENT OF FINANCIAL AND PROFESSIONAL REGULATION
SUBCHAPTER b: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
PART 1200 ILLINOIS CERTIFIED SHORTHAND REPORTERS ACT OF 1984
SECTION 1200.40 RESTORATION
Section 1200.40 Restoration
a) A person seeking restoration of a certificate after it has expired or has been placed on inactive status for more than 5 years shall file an application with the Division, together with the required fees specified in Section 1200.50. In order to restore a license, a person shall submit proof of 10 hours of continuing education completed within 2 years before restoration in accordance with Section 1200.75. The applicant shall also submit one of the following:
1) Certification of current licensure from another jurisdiction completed by the appropriate board or licensure authority;
2) Affidavits from 2 members of the bench or bar attesting to the applicant's active practice of shorthand reporting in a state that does not require licensure for at least one year immediately prior to the date of application;
3) An affidavit attesting to military service as provided in Section 14 of the Act; or
4) Other proof acceptable to the Division of the applicant's fitness to have the certificate restored.
b) A registrant seeking restoration of a certificate that has expired for less than 5 years shall have the certificate restored upon payment of $10 plus all lapsed renewal fees required by Section 1200.50. After May 31, 1997, in order to restore a license, a person shall submit proof of 10 hours of continuing education completed within 2 years before restoration in accordance with Section 1200.75.
c) When the accuracy of any submitted documentation or the relevance or sufficiency of the coursework or experience is questioned by the Division or the Board because of lack of information, discrepancies or conflicts in information given or a need for clarification, the person seeking restoration of a license shall be requested to:
1) Provide such information as may be necessary; and/or
2) Appear for an interview before the Board to explain such relevance or sufficiency, clarify information or clear up any discrepancies or conflicts in information. Upon the recommendation of the Board and approval of the Division, an applicant shall have the license restored.
(Source: Amended at 38 Ill. Reg. 19662, effective October 10, 2014)