TITLE 68: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
CHAPTER VII: DEPARTMENT OF FINANCIAL AND PROFESSIONAL REGULATION
SUBCHAPTER b: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
PART 1175 THE BARBER, COSMETOLOGY, ESTHETICS, HAIR BRAIDING, AND NAIL TECHNOLOGY ACT OF 1985
SECTION 1175.1565 EXPANSION
Section 1175.1565 Expansion
a) Written notice shall be given to the Division 30 days prior to any expansion of a licensed hair braiding school.
b) When an on-site expansion is to accommodate an increased enrollment, a completed school application shall be submitted along with:
1) A statement from the school owner outlining the purpose of the expansion;
2) A detailed floor plan of the school site consistent with the requirements of Section 1175.1510. The floor plan must be drawn to a scale specified on the floor plan and show each detail of the existing school site and expansion;
3) A listing of any additional teachers who will be added to the teaching staff as a result of the expansion; and
4) The required inspection fee set forth in Section 1175.100.
c) Off-Site Locations
1) An off-site classroom location is defined as a separate classroom that is located within 5 miles of the main school site that serves to provide adequate space in which to train an overflow of students. A clinic may not be operated at an off-site classroom location. A school may establish only one off-site classroom location. All identifying signs and materials must reflect the name of the main school.
2) When the expansion will result in an off-site classroom location, a completed school application shall be submitted along with:
A) A statement from the school owner outlining the purpose of the off-site classroom location;
B) A detailed floor plan of the off-site classroom location;
C) A copy of a lease showing at least a 1 year commitment to the use of the off-site classroom location or certification of ownership of the off-site classroom location;
D) A signed fire inspection report from the local fire inspection authority, conducted in the 6 months immediately preceding application, giving approval for use of the site as an off-site classroom location;
E) A listing of any additional teachers who will be added to the teaching staff as a result of the expansion; and
F) The required fee set forth in Section 1175.100.
d) Upon receipt of the items listed in subsections (b) and (c), the Division shall inspect the expansion site to determine compliance with this Part. The expansion site shall not be used until the inspection has occurred and the owner has received notice of approval from the Division. Approval will be granted if all of the requirements of this Subpart O have been met.
(Source: Added at 35 Ill. Reg. 14983, effective September 9, 2011)