TITLE 68: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
CHAPTER VII: DEPARTMENT OF FINANCIAL AND PROFESSIONAL REGULATION
SUBCHAPTER b: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
PART 1175 THE BARBER, COSMETOLOGY, ESTHETICS, HAIR BRAIDING, AND NAIL TECHNOLOGY ACT OF 1985
SECTION 1175.1420 RENEWALS
Section 1175.1420 Renewals
a) The first hair braider, hair braiding teacher and hair braiding school licenses issued under the Act shall expire on October 31, 2014. Thereafter, every license issued under the Act shall expire on October 31 of each even numbered year. The holder of a license may renew the license during the month preceding its expiration date.
b) First and Subsequent Renewal
1) For the first renewal of the license, a licensee who obtained a hair braider or hair braiding teacher license under Section 1175.1400 (grandfather) shall:
A) Return a completed renewal application;
B) Certify on the renewal application that he or she has successfully completed at least 65 hours of relevant training in health, safety, hygiene and business management in accordance with the requirements of Section 1175.1210(g);
C) Submit the required fee set forth in Section 1175.100.
2) Subsequent renewals must comply with the renewal requirements set forth in subsection (c).
c) Applicants for renewal shall:
1) Return a completed renewal application.
2) Hair Braider. Certify on the renewal application that they have successfully completed a minimum of 10 hours of continuing education from a sponsor registered with the Division, in accordance with Section 1175.1200, within the 2 years prior to the expiration date of the license.
3) Hair Braiding Teacher. Certify on the renewal application that they have successfully completed a minimum of 20 hours of continuing education from a sponsor registered with the Division, in accordance with Section 1175.1200, within the 2 years prior to the expiration date of the license. Ten of the 20 hours shall be in the following areas:
A) Teaching Methodology;
B) Educational Psychology;
C) Classroom Management; or
D) Other teaching related courses.
4) Submit the required fee set forth in Section 1175.100.
d) A renewal applicant is not required to comply with continuing education requirements for the first renewal after issuance of the original license except for licensees who obtained a hair braider or hair braiding teacher license under Section 1175.1400 (grandfather).
e) The Division may require additional evidence demonstrating compliance with the continuing education requirements (i.e., certificate of attendance or certificate of completion). It is the responsibility of each renewal applicant to retain or otherwise produce evidence of compliance. The evidence shall be required in the context of the Division's random audit.
f) It is the responsibility of each licensee to notify the Division of any change of address. Failure to receive a renewal form from the Division shall not constitute an excuse for failure to renew a license.
g) Practicing or operating on a license that has expired shall be consider unlicensed activity and shall be grounds for discipline pursuant to Section 4-7 of the Act.
(Source: Added at 35 Ill. Reg. 14983, effective September 9, 2011)