TITLE 68: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
CHAPTER VII: DEPARTMENT OF FINANCIAL AND PROFESSIONAL REGULATION
SUBCHAPTER b: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
PART 1175 THE BARBER, COSMETOLOGY, ESTHETICS, HAIR BRAIDING, AND NAIL TECHNOLOGY ACT OF 1985
SECTION 1175.1165 EXPANSION
Section 1175.1165 Expansion
a) Written notice shall be given to the Division 30 days prior to any expansion of an approved school.
b) Off-Site Classroom
1) When the expansion will result in an off-site classroom location, a completed application must be submitted along with:
A) A detailed floor plan drawn to a scale specified on the drawing;
B) A copy of a lease showing at least a 1 year commitment to the use of the site or certification of ownership of the proposed site;
C) A signed fire inspection report from the local fire inspection authority conducted within 6 months prior to application giving approval for use of the site as a classroom location;
D) A statement from the school owner outlining the purpose of the classroom location;
E) A listing of any and all additional teachers who will be added to the teaching staff as a result of the expansion;
F) A financial statement prepared by a certified public accountant licensed by the Division pursuant to the Illinois Public Accounting Act [225 ILCS 450] who is not an employee of the school, indicating sufficient current finances exist to operate the school for at least 3 months; and
G) The required fee set forth in Section 1175.100.
2) An off-site classroom location is defined as a separate classroom located within 5 miles of the main school site that serves to provide adequate space in which to train an overflow of students. A clinic may not be operated at an off-site classroom location. A school may establish only 1 off-site classroom location. All identifying signs and materials must reflect the name of the main school.
c) When an on-site expansion is to accommodate an increased enrollment, a completed application shall be submitted along with:
1) A detailed floor plan drawn to a scale specified on the drawing;
2) A statement from the school owner outlining the purpose of expansion;
3) A listing of any and all additional teachers who will be added to the teaching staff as a result of the expansion; and
4) The required inspection fee as set forth in Section 1175.100.
d) Upon receipt of the items listed in subsections (b) and (c), the Division shall inspect the expansion site to determine compliance with this Part. The site shall not be used until the inspection has occurred and the owner has received written notification of approval from the Division. Approval will be granted if all of the requirements of this Subpart K have been met.
(Source: Amended at 38 Ill. Reg. 21098, effective November 7, 2014)