TITLE 68: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
CHAPTER VII: DEPARTMENT OF FINANCIAL AND PROFESSIONAL REGULATION
SUBCHAPTER b: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
PART 1175 THE BARBER, COSMETOLOGY, ESTHETICS, HAIR BRAIDING, AND NAIL TECHNOLOGY ACT OF 1985
SECTION 1175.1100 NAIL TECHNOLOGY SCHOOL APPLICATION
Section 1175.1100 Nail Technology School Application
a) An applicant for a nail technology school license shall submit a completed application to the Division with the following information and documentation:
1) A detailed floor plan consistent with requirements of Section 1175.1110(a)(1);
2) A copy of a lease showing at least a 1 year commitment to the use of the school site or certification of ownership of the proposed school site;
3) If the owner is a corporation, a copy of the Articles of Incorporation; if the owner is a limited liability company, a copy of the Articles of Organization;
4) If the owner is a partnership, a listing of all partners and their current addresses;
5) A signed fire inspection report from the local fire inspection authority conducted within 6 months prior to the application giving approval for use of the site as a school;
6) A financial statement prepared by a certified public accountant licensed by the Division pursuant to the Illinois Public Accounting Act [225 ILCS 450] who is not an employee of the school, indicating sufficient current finances exist to operate the school for at least 3 months;
7) A copy of the official enrollment agreement to be used by the school that shall be consistent with the requirements of Section 1175.1115;
8) A listing of all nail technology and cosmetology teachers, including their teacher license numbers, who will be in the school's employ;
9) A copy of the curriculum that will be followed;
10) A copy of the school's official transcript; and
11) The required fee set forth in Section 1175.100.
b) When the items listed in subsection (a) have been received, the Division shall inspect the school premises, prior to school approval, to determine compliance with this Subpart. School operations shall not begin, nor shall the school in any way solicit student enrollment, until the school has received written notice of approval from the Division. Approval shall be granted if all the requirements of this Subpart K have been met.
c) Nail technology schools shall only offer instruction in nail technology and nail technology teacher education.
(Source: Amended at 38 Ill. Reg. 21098, effective November 7, 2014)