TITLE 68: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
CHAPTER VII: DEPARTMENT OF FINANCIAL AND PROFESSIONAL REGULATION
SUBCHAPTER b: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
PART 1175 THE BARBER, COSMETOLOGY, ESTHETICS, HAIR BRAIDING, AND NAIL TECHNOLOGY ACT OF 1985
SECTION 1175.1035 RESTORATION NAIL TECHNOLOGY TEACHER
Section 1175.1035 Restoration – Nail Technology Teacher
a) A person applying for restoration of a nail technology teacher license that has been expired or been on inactive status for less than 5 years shall submit an application on forms provided by the Division. An applicant shall also submit evidence of successful completion of 20 hours of CE in accordance with Sections 1175.1200 and 1175.1210 earned within 2 years immediately preceding the restoration and the required fee set forth in Section 1175.100.
b) A person applying for restoration of a nail technology teacher license that has been expired for 5 years or more shall submit an application on forms provided by the Division along with:
1) Verification of employment as a nail technology teacher in another jurisdiction for at least 24 months within the 5 years preceding application for restoration from at least 3 students, coworkers or school owners;
2) Certification of licensure from the licensing authority in the jurisdiction of employment;
3) A completed Restoration Questionnaire;
4) Evidence of successful completion of 20 hours of CE earned within the 2 years immediately preceding restoration; and
5) The required fee as set forth in Section 1175.100.
c) An applicant for restoration of a nail technology teacher license under subsection (b) who is unable to comply with one or both of subsections (b)(1) and (2) shall submit official transcripts showing successful completion of an 80-hour nail technology teacher refresher course from an approved cosmetology or nail technology school or pass the teacher examination set forth in Section 1175.1010 within 2 years prior to or within 2 years after the restoration application. An applicant who completes this refresher course or takes the examination shall not also be required to complete 20 hours of CE, but shall comply with the remaining requirements of subsection (b).
d) If restoring after active military service, the applicant shall submit a copy of his/her DD-214 and the current renewal fee.
e) If an applicant takes and fails the examination, the license will not be restored until he/she has passed the examination.
(Source: Amended at 42 Ill. Reg. 15159, effective August 10, 2018)