TITLE 68: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
CHAPTER VII: DEPARTMENT OF FINANCIAL AND PROFESSIONAL REGULATION
SUBCHAPTER b: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
PART 1175 THE BARBER, COSMETOLOGY, ESTHETICS, HAIR BRAIDING, AND NAIL TECHNOLOGY ACT OF 1985
SECTION 1175.1015 APPLICATION FOR LICENSURE
Section 1175.1015 Application for Licensure
a) Applicants for licensure based on successful completion of the examination shall submit to the Division:
1) A completed and signed licensure application that the applicant will receive with the notification of successful completion of the examination;
2) Proof of name change (i.e., marriage license, divorce decree, affidavit or court order) if different from that shown on pre-printed licensure application; and
3) The required fee as set forth in Section 1175.100.
b) Any cosmetology teacher licensed in Illinois who is applying for a nail technology teacher's license shall not be required to take the examination set forth in Section 1175.1005. An application shall be submitted to the Division that includes:
1) A copy of his/her current cosmetology and cosmetology teacher license; and
2) The required fee set forth in Section 1175.100.
c) Nothing in this Part requires a licensed cosmetologist or licensed cosmetology teacher to obtain a license to practice or to teach nail technology.
d) Esthetics teachers licensed in Illinois who are applying for a nail technician teacher's license will not be required to take the examination set forth in Section 1175.1010. An application shall be submitted to the Division that includes:
1) A copy of his/her current esthetics teacher license;
2) A copy of his/her current nail technician license;
A) Proof of two years experience as a nail technician; or
B) An official transcript verifying completion of 250 Post-Graduate School Training that includes all subjects in the basic esthetics curriculum in Section 1175.1140, including theory and practice. Presentation of material must include the concepts that are intended to be taught and the skills to be acquired during the various phases of basic education; and
4) The required fee set forth in Section 1175.100.
(Source: Amended at 35 Ill. Reg. 1888, effective January 20, 2011)