TITLE 68: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
CHAPTER VII: DEPARTMENT OF FINANCIAL AND PROFESSIONAL REGULATION
SUBCHAPTER b: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
PART 1175 THE BARBER, COSMETOLOGY, ESTHETICS, HAIR BRAIDING, AND NAIL TECHNOLOGY ACT OF 1985
SECTION 1175.725 RENEWALS
Section 1175.725 Renewals
a) Every license issued under the Act shall expire as follows:
1) Esthetics teacher, esthetics clinic teacher and esthetics school licenses shall expire on September 30 of each even numbered year.
2) Esthetician licenses shall expire on September 30 of each odd numbered year.
3) The holder of a license may renew the license during the month preceding its expiration date.
b) Applicants for renewal shall:
1) Return a completed renewal application.
2) Esthetician. Certify on the renewal application to successful completion of a minimum of 10 hours of continuing education from a sponsor registered with the Division, in accordance with Section 1175.1200 of this Part, within the 2 years prior to the expiration date of the license.
3) Esthetics Teacher and Esthetics Clinic Teacher. Certify on the renewal application to successful completion of a minimum of 20 hours of continuing education from a sponsor registered with the Division, in accordance with Section 1175.1200 of this Part, within the 2 years prior to the expiration date of the license. Ten of the 20 hours shall be in the following areas:
A) Teaching methodology;
B) Educational psychology;
C) Classroom management; or
D) Other teaching related courses.
4) Submit the required fee set forth in Section 1175.100.
c) A renewal applicant is not required to comply with continuing education for the first renewal after issuance of original license.
d) The Division may require additional evidence demonstrating compliance with the CE requirements (i.e., certificate of attendance or certificate of completion). It is the responsibility of each renewal applicant to retain or otherwise produce evidence of such compliance. Such evidence shall be required in the context of the Division's random audit.
e) It is the responsibility of each licensee to notify the Division of any change of address. Failure to receive a renewal form from the Division shall not constitute an excuse for failure to renew a license.
f) Practicing or operating on a license that has expired shall be considered unlicensed activity and shall be grounds for discipline pursuant to Section 4-7 of the Act.
(Source: Amended at 30 Ill. Reg. 9503, effective May 10, 2006)