TITLE 68: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
CHAPTER VII: DEPARTMENT OF FINANCIAL AND PROFESSIONAL REGULATION
SUBCHAPTER b: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
PART 1175 THE BARBER, COSMETOLOGY, ESTHETICS, HAIR BRAIDING, AND NAIL TECHNOLOGY ACT OF 1985
SECTION 1175.710 EXAMINATION REQUIREMENTS
Section 1175.710 Examination Requirements
a) Examinations shall be administered by the Division or its designated testing service for estheticians, esthetics teachers and esthetics clinic teachers and shall cover both theoretical and practical knowledge that shall include but not be limited to:.
1) Product chemistry;
2) Sanitary rules and regulations;
3) Sanitary procedures;
4) Chemical service procedures;
5) Knowledge of the anatomy of the skin as it relates to applicable services under the Act;
6) The provisions and requirements of the Act; and
7) Labor and compensation laws.
b) The passing grade on each examination is 75.
1) Esthetician. An applicant who fails to pass a third examination to become a licensed esthetician must submit an official transcript from a cosmetology school approved to teach esthetics or an esthetics school approved by the Division showing successful completion of a 125 hour refresher course prior to taking the examination a fourth time.
2) Esthetics Teacher or Esthetics Clinic Teacher. An applicant who fails to pass a third examination to become a licensed esthetics teacher or esthetics clinic teacher must submit an official transcript from a licensed esthetics or cosmetology school approved to instruct esthetics teachers showing successful completion of an 80 hour refresher course prior to taking the examination a fourth time.
3) An applicant, upon failing the fourth examination to become a licensed esthetician, esthetics teacher or esthetics clinic teacher, must submit an official transcript from an approved esthetics or cosmetology school showing successful repetition of the entire program of training prior to taking the examination a fifth time.
4) For purposes of the examination retakes, the fifth attempt shall count as the first.
5) An applicant shall make a written request for an examination retake at least 45 days in advance of the examination date. Such a request must include the required examination fee and official transcripts when further study is required in accordance with subsections (c)(1) and (2).
(Source: Amended at 30 Ill. Reg. 9503, effective May 10, 2006)