TITLE 68: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
CHAPTER VII: DEPARTMENT OF FINANCIAL AND PROFESSIONAL REGULATION
SUBCHAPTER b: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
PART 1175 THE BARBER, COSMETOLOGY, ESTHETICS, HAIR BRAIDING, AND NAIL TECHNOLOGY ACT OF 1985
SECTION 1175.700 EXAMINATION ESTHETICS
Section 1175.700 Examination – Esthetics
a) Eligibility. Each applicant must meet the following requirements:
1) Be at least 16 years of age.
2) Pursuant to Section 3A-2 of the Act:
A) Be a high school graduate or its equivalent or be beyond the age of compulsory school attendance; and
B) Graduate from an esthetics or cosmetology school approved by the Division to teach esthetics in accordance with Subpart H of this Part, which includes a 750 hour program in the study of esthetics extending over a period of not less than 18 weeks nor more than 4 consecutive years.
b) Application. Each applicant shall file an application for examination, on forms provided by the Division, at least 45 days prior to an examination date. The application shall include:
1) An official transcript showing successful completion of the required training outlined in subsection (a) and a passing grade on the final examination administered by the school as set forth in Section 1175.845; or official transcripts showing successful completion of remedial training (125 hour refresher course) when required by Section 3A-2 of the Act;
2) Proof of any name change (i.e., marriage license, divorce decree, affidavit or court order) if different than shown on the supporting documents;
3) If licensed as an esthetician or holding a related license in another state, a certification of licensure from the state of original licensure and from the state of current licensure or most recent practice; and
4) The required fee set forth in Section 1175.100.
(Source: Amended at 35 Ill. Reg. 1888, effective January 20, 2011)