TITLE 68: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
CHAPTER VII: DEPARTMENT OF FINANCIAL AND PROFESSIONAL REGULATION
SUBCHAPTER b: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
PART 1175 THE BARBER, COSMETOLOGY, ESTHETICS, HAIR BRAIDING, AND NAIL TECHNOLOGY ACT OF 1985
SECTION 1175.500 SCHOOL APPROVAL APPLICATION
Section 1175.500 School Approval Application
a) An applicant for a cosmetology school license shall submit a completed application to the Division with the following information and documentation:
1) A detailed floor plan consistent with the requirements of Section 1175.505 of this Part;
2) A copy of a lease showing at least a 1 year commitment to the use of the school site or certification of ownership of the proposed school site;
3) If owner is a corporation, a copy of the Articles of Incorporation;
4) If owner is a partnership, a listing of all partners and their current addresses;
5) A signed fire inspection report from the local fire inspection authority within 6 months prior to filing an application giving approval for use of the site as a school;
6) A financial statement prepared by a public accountant licensed by the Division pursuant to the Illinois Public Accounting Act who is not an employee of the school, indicating sufficient current finances exist to operate the school for at least 3 months;
7) A copy of the official student contract to be used by the school, which shall be consistent with the requirements of Section 1175.510 of this Part;
8) A listing of all teachers, including their teacher license numbers, who will be in the school's employ;
9) A copy of the curricula that will be followed;
10) A copy of the school's official transcript; and
11) The required fee set forth in Section 1175.100.
b) New schools that wish to offer nail technology and/or esthetics in addition to cosmetology shall comply with Section 1175.805 and 1175.1105.
c) When the above items have been received, the Division shall inspect the school premises, prior to school approval, to determine compliance with this Subpart. School operations shall not commence nor shall the school in any way solicit student enrollment, until the school has received written notice of approval from the Division. Approval will be granted if all of the requirements of Subpart E have been met.
(Source: Amended at 35 Ill. Reg. 1888, effective January 20, 2011)