TITLE 68: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
CHAPTER VII: DEPARTMENT OF FINANCIAL AND PROFESSIONAL REGULATION
SUBCHAPTER b: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
PART 1175 THE BARBER, COSMETOLOGY, ESTHETICS, HAIR BRAIDING, AND NAIL TECHNOLOGY ACT OF 1985
SECTION 1175.425 RENEWALS
Section 1175.425 Renewals
a) Every license issued under the Act shall expire as follows:
1) Cosmetology teacher, cosmetology clinic teacher and cosmetology school licenses shall expire on September 30 of each even numbered year.
2) Cosmetologist licenses shall expire on September 30 of each odd numbered year. A prerenewal period is the 24 month period preceding September 30th in the year of renewal.
3) The holder of a license may renew that license during the month preceding its expiration date.
b) Applicants for renewal shall:
1) Return a completed renewal application.
2) Cosmetologist – Certify on the renewal application to successful completion of a minimum of 14 hours of continuing education from a cosmetology sponsor registered with the Division, in accordance with Section 1175.1200 of this Part, within the 2 years prior to the expiration date of the license, if renewing a cosmetology license.
3) Cosmetology Teacher and Cosmetology Clinic Teacher – Certify on the renewal application to successful completion of a minimum of 24 hours of continuing education from a sponsor registered with the Division, in accordance with Section 1175.1200 of this Part, within the 2 years prior to renewal if renewing a cosmetology teacher or cosmetology clinic teacher license. Ten of 24 hours shall be in the following areas:
A) Teaching methodology;
B) Educational psychology;
C) Classroom management; or
D) Other teaching related courses.
4) Submit the required fee set forth in Section 1175.100.
c) A renewal applicant is not required to comply with continuing education for the first renewal after issuance of original license.
d) A licensee who is at least 62 years of age or has been licensed as a cosmetologist, cosmetology teacher or cosmetology clinic teacher for at least 25 years is exempt from the continuing education requirement.
e) The Division may require additional evidence demonstrating compliance with the continuing education requirements (i.e., certificate of attendance or certificate of completion). It is the responsibility of each renewal applicant to retain or otherwise produce evidence of such compliance. Such evidence shall be required in the context of the Division's random audit.
f) It is the responsibility of each licensee to notify the Division of any change of address. Failure to receive a renewal form from the Division shall not constitute an excuse for failure to renew a license.
(Source: Amended at 30 Ill. Reg. 9503, effective May 10, 2006)