TITLE 68: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
CHAPTER VII: DEPARTMENT OF FINANCIAL AND PROFESSIONAL REGULATION
SUBCHAPTER b: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
PART 1175 THE BARBER, COSMETOLOGY, ESTHETICS, HAIR BRAIDING, AND NAIL TECHNOLOGY ACT OF 1985
SECTION 1175.400 EXAMINATION COSMETOLOGY
Section 1175.400 Examination – Cosmetology
1) Each applicant must meet the requirements in either Section 3-2(1)(a), (b) and (c) or 3-3(a), (b) and (c) of the Act prior to filing an application for the Division authorized cosmetology examination.
2) An applicant's training must be received from a school of cosmetology approved by the Division that meets the requirements set forth in Subpart E of this Part.
b) Application. Each applicant shall file an application for examination, on forms provided by the Division, at least 45 days prior to an examination date. The application shall include:
1) An official transcript showing successful completion of the required training outlined in Section 3-2(c) or 3-3(c) of the Act; official transcripts showing successful completion of remedial training when required by Section 1175.410(c) of this Part and a passing grade on the final examination administered by the school as set forth in Section 1175.540;
2) A request, if desired, to take the written examination in the Spanish language;
3) Proof of any name change (i.e., marriage license, divorce decree, affidavit or court order) if name is other than that shown on any documents submitted;
4) If licensed as a cosmetologist in another state, a certification of licensure from the state of original licensure and from the state of current licensure or most recent practice; and
5) The required examination fee.
(Source: Amended at 35 Ill. Reg. 1888, effective January 20, 2011)