TITLE 68: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
CHAPTER VII: DEPARTMENT OF FINANCIAL AND PROFESSIONAL REGULATION
SUBCHAPTER b: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
PART 1175 THE BARBER, COSMETOLOGY, ESTHETICS, HAIR BRAIDING, AND NAIL TECHNOLOGY ACT OF 1985
SECTION 1175.350 CHANGE OF LOCATION
Section 1175.350 Change of Location
a) When the location of an approved school is changed, the school owner shall submit to the Division the following:
1) Written notice to the Division at least 30 days in advance of the school site change;
2) A signed and completed school application;
3) A floor plan;
4) A copy of a lease agreement showing at least a 1 year commitment or certification of ownership of the school site;
5) A signed inspection report by the local fire inspection authority within 6 months prior to application approving the site; and
6) The required fee set forth in Section 1175.100.
b) Once the items listed in subsection (a) have been received, the Division shall inspect the premises to determine compliance with this Part. School operations shall not commence at the new location until the owners have received written notice of approval from the Division. Approval will be granted if the requirements of Subpart C have been met.
c) If the change of location is due to natural destruction of the original premises, a temporary site may be used to teach theory classes only.
1) The temporary site must be inspected prior to its use and must possess light and ventilation, tables and chairs for the number of students in a classroom, and must be clean.
2) The temporary site may be used for a period of 2 months. The 2 month period can be extended for good cause. Good cause includes, but is not limited to, unexpected delays in construction, delays in lease arrangements, or delays in equipment delivery.
d) If the site is not approved, the school shall not solicit new students for this location until the school has been approved.
(Source: Amended at 30 Ill. Reg. 9503, effective May 10, 2006)